Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Day I Lost My Home

"The rockets set the bony meadows afire, turned rock to lava, turned wood to charcoal, transmitted water to steam, made sand and silica into green glass which lay like shattered mirrors reflecting the invasion, all about. ...And from the rockets ran men with hammers in their hands to beat the strange world into a shape that was familiar to the eye, to bludgeon away all the strangeness..."
                                                           (Ray Bradbury: The Martian Chronicles, The Locusts)

The Day I Lost My Home

The current round of "A Tattered Page" is dedicated to Ray Bradbury and his masterpiece collection of short stories, The Martian Chronicles. I was a teenager when I first borrowed the book from our local library... and I've been re-reading the melancholic and deep stories again and again, ever since that day... and rather often I am not at all proud that I belong to the barbaric human race.

Skin: "Mrs K" by Fallen Gods Inc. - 990 L$; the package contains the skin, a shape, a pair of yellow coin eyes, and many appliers.
Hair: "Windsong" in Russet by Exile - 88 L$ for a colour pack of 10 shades, available at the current round of Collabor88.
Tiara: "Helios Head Piece" by 22769 - this magnificent tiara was a gift from Paco Pooley and Manuel Ormidale for the Sunshine Hunt, organized to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Fallen Gods Inc. inworld. It may not be available any more, but if you want to find some other top quality accessories, outfits and also furniture, a trip to 22769 is a must!
Outfit and jewellery: "Pohjola" by Tekeli-li - the top (160 L$), the bottom (160 L$), a full jewellery set (310 L$) and other accessories are available on the Marketplace.

The picture was taken at LEA10, where Whiskey Monday is currently building her ever-changing project, aptly called "Nothing Endures But Change". Very gently she also left a pose stand there, crammed with many gracious poses by Flowey; I took the occasion and picked "All I need" for my snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment